Saturday, February 13, 2010
What happened?
It's officially Saturday morning and here I sit at my computer wondering where the week flew off to! For one thing, I made my trek to the Boro (and beyond) every single day this past week - observing students, attending meetings, and even taught my classes! I guess that just goes to show ya that time really does fly when you're having fun. Now that the weekend is here, I have so much I want to do at home that I don't know where to start. Should I clean the house, grade the papers, write the grant proposal?????? Ahhhh.. think I'll spend a few hours choosing and cutting fabrics for the next Relay for Life quilt. During that time I can lose myself and all those duties hanging over my head will creep into the darkest corners of my mind while I enjoy the relaxation and excitment (the two are not mutually exculsive) of creating the next design. After those few hours of the "doing what I really want to do" time, I will spend time on the mundane chores that must be accomplished. At this stage in my life I've decided that it's ok to do the fun stuff first every once in a while. Kinda like eating dessert first. Yep, there is always something else to do, always dishes, floors, laundry, always papers to grade, no worries. All that stuff on my to do list - it's not going anywhere! It will be waiting for me......unless.......unless..... the good fairy comes in the midst of my creating and completes all these chores with the wave of her wand. And if that happens, I'll send her your way next! Everybody needs a little "me" time. Slow down, do something that makes you smile. Life is short; enjoy yours today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment