Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All Things Bright and Beautiful






These "mini" quilts are just the right size for a baby quilt. The tops are complete and will be hand quilted. They are two in a series of four quilts. The next one will be in blues and the last in greens. The red is my favorite. Am posting pics of the entire top, then up close pics for those of you who like to check out the details! I really enjoyed putting these together for a couple of reasons - first, they helped me use up some of my little scraps of fabrics. Some of the scraps were from leftover projects and I also had many three inch squares I had gotten from charm swaps. The next reason I enjoyed these so much is the variety of techniques used in making them. Half square triangles, embroidery, paper piecing...... and the unique way they went together. You can also click on the pictures to enlarge and see more color and detail.
Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Cheryl! You amaze me. You accomplish so much. I believe you could work circles around me!
    Blessings,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete