As I think about the beginning of a new year and the days that have passed in this 2010 year, I'm not sure I am meeting my potential in productivity! The big ideas: finishing projects, getting organized, a few home improvements, even cleaning a closet, eating healthy seem to be at a stand still and the year is already on a roll, leaving me standing in my tracks.
I always tell my students to tackle a project one piece at a time, like eating a pie or cake. We know we can eat the whole thing, but it is not reasonable to think about sitting down and eating the whole thing at one time. We cut it into pieces and proceed from there. That way we enjoy the pie even more over a longer period of time. When I think about it, there is nothing on my list that I "hate" to do, but just like eating a whole pie in one sitting, each one needs to be tackled in pieces. So that is my plan. I might try the 20 or 30 minutes per "thing" that seems to work so well for some of my family members. My aunt blocks her day into 20 minute increments and has a plan or a routine for her day that way. And let me tell you, she is one together lady. One of my daughters uses 30 minutes per chore when wanting to accomplish something, and it works for her. So maybe I will try that. If I can make it happen, that is part of the organization thing.
I have been eating healthy and the plan I use there seems to be working for me. I use the calendar and each day I have eaten according to my health plan and taken my vitamins I put a little smiley face on the day. My daily weight is also recorded each morning on the date. I never knew that that positive reinforcement would work for me, but it does!
Today is a snowy day outside, and this makes two days in a row that I will be at home all day. Maybe today is the day to make that plan. I'll let ya know how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHad to redo this one. ha. Snowy days are good for reflection. Maybe it is because white snow reflects so well? You may have given me some usable ideas, Cher. Good read. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds doable! I just need to motivate me into doing something. I will be home Sun and Mon maybe I will accomplish something too!
ReplyDeleteREL