All of the blog posts from tonight are quilting projects. I wanted to document some of the quilts and quilt tops I have been "digging out" from storage. For about five years, I stored away my sewing machine, fabrics and beloved projects in process to focus on coursework, research, dissertation, then a new job. October 2008, I moved into a bigger place and started unpacking some of my projects. Some are finished, many need just a little to be finished, and a few need quite a bit to be finished. Over the summer I would work a little on these projects, but did not make a lot of headway. Just recently, I have begun to get serious about completion of my UFOs - UnFinished Objects. I have a plan and figure if I work at it, one of these days, I will have fewer totes of unfinished objects and bigger stacks of completed stuff! Time will tell.
Photography was never my strong point - I leave that buisness to Jessica - but, I hung the quilts or tops over my stair rail and snapped photos. For some of them, I must have turned my camera sideways and did not bother to rotate the pics before I downloaded to the blog. Just turn your head sideways when you come to these "sideways" pics. Also, the lighting is not the best.....but it is the best that I can do, so do me a favor and pretend the colors are coming through clear and vibrant!
So....I'm on a mission to finish as many projects as I can. I will try not to neglect my blog and will try to post projects as they are completed. It feels really good to get back to doing some of what I love to do!
If you are still reading my ramblings here and plan to look at the quilts, you will find about two pages, so you will have to click for "older posts" at the bottom of the posts on this page. I have really been a busy bee posting all of this information tonight! Hope you enjoy looking at each of the pictures and reading a little about the story behind the creation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cher, love your blog, and especially these later ones about your quilting. I like the way you personalize the quilts and the quilting. I am not a quilter, fo sho, but I know how my mama liked quilting and quilting parties, and that makes it mean a lot. I was maybe four or five when I would walk under the quilt platform (not sure that is what it was called) and neighbor Ladies would be sitting around doing their stitching to make a complete tapestry quilt project. Not sure who got the quilt. I suppose they met and did each other's project and the owner took the finished project home. In those days, we used good quilts -- and some not so good. ha
ReplyDeleteI have come to enjoy art of most any form. Your quilting talent and love for it is art. Thanks for sharing.
Chuck Owen